Issue Specific Groups at Recovery Ministries: Below is a list of our upcoming issue-specific groups. All groups meet on Monday night at 6:45p at the St. John’s campus and will begin with a time of corporate worship before moving into group time. Please read the group description before you apply for a group to ensure that it is a good fit. Since each group will be limited to 8-10 people, we will not be able to take every applicant for these groups. However, we are planning to do the same or similar groups in the future and those who are not accepted into the groups this semester will be given preference for future groups.
Steps Study (Men’s & Women’s Support Group)
When: Mondays, 6:45-8:45pm. Begins February 11 for 15 weeks.
Where: The For The City Center (500 E St. John’s Ave.)
Who should attend? Whether you are struggling with pornography, grief, alcoholism, same-sex attraction, loss, drugs, apathy, depression, anxiety, self-image, anger, lust, the fear of others, chronic pain, hopelessness, abuse, and shame (and more), Steps Study offers a way to experience hope and healing in Christ by working through a gospel-centered 12 step process in the context of community.
Group Description: Steps Study is a discipleship experience for those who admit they are suffering from their own sinful habits and desire to see transformation through the power of the gospel.
There are three main components to Steps:
- Daily Scripture reading and reflection
- Group discussion based on the Steps material on Monday nights (gender specific groups)
- Individual mentorship throughout your Steps journey (this will extend beyond the 14-week study).
Requirements for Steps:
- Commit to attending Monday night meetings
- Identify a mentor for your Steps journey who meets the following qualifications:
- A mature follower of Jesus
- Does not need to have previous experience with the 12 Step
- Someone you can trust to love you & speak truth to you
- Someone who would be willing and available to meet with you weekly throughout your 12 Step journey (1-3 hours/week for minimum of 4 months)
Cost: $15 for materials (childcare available on site).
Cancer Support Group
Cancer Support is a open community for anyone whose lives have been impacted by cancer, open to those who have been diagnosed with cancer, as well as to their immediate loved one. Going through a self-paced content centered on the Redemptive narrative, you will walk alongside others through the heartache, doubts, and questions that come with cancer. Though cancer wants to redefine your life, we pray you find the hope that comes from God’s story, His identity given you, and the joy of sharing it with others.
When: Begins February 11, 6:45-8:45pm *This an “open” group, meaning you can come any week during the 16 weeks.
Where: The For the City Center (500 E. St John’s Ave, Austin, TX 78752)
To register for this group, click here